Sunday, November 22, 2009

Update: Bellwether Farms

Update on the Bellwether Farms Crescenza cheese:

I bought two packages of this cheese, and decided to open up the second one today to give it another taste. Upon second tasting, with a clean palate, I found this cheese to be quite extraordinary. It's like mozzarella, but better . . . it has a little more tang or tartness, with more sweetness to, but that same soft-ripened taste and velvety texture. All around, I like the taste of this cheese even more than fresh mozzarella.

Here's the true essence of this update, though: crescenza grilled cheese. How had I not thought of this before? I think this cheese is really excellent for grilled cheese sandwiches: take already mildly toasted bread, lather some crescenza on, which will melt in no time, and have yourself a delicious sandwich!

Pictures:




No comments:

Post a Comment